Members from CPNI and NCGrowth traveled to Pilot Mountain Neck for a two-day workshop held on June 7-8, 2018. The team was able to visit local business, grab a cold coffee and icecream in town, and eat at tome of the favorite local spots. Pilot Mountain is in Surry County, NC and is part of the Mount Airy micropolitan statistical area (see Figure 1). The town is within a half-hour drive of the Triad region of Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point and within two hours of the cities of Charlotte, Durham and Raleigh. Furthermore, the town has easy access to I-77, I-40 and three major airports (CLT, PTI, RDU). Click here to view all the photos from the trip.
PILOT MOUNTAIN WORKSHOP VOLUNTEERS:
- Lucia Constantine, Analyst/Intern NC Growth
- Randy Benson, Critical Focus Pictures, Videographer
SCOTLAND NECK CPNI TEAM:
- Chuck Cardwell, team leader – SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Jeanine Bachtel, UNC-Charlotte
- Bill Blancato, Doughton Blancato
- Stephanie Cooper, Moseley Architects
- Andy Penry, Penry Riemann PLLC
- Ricky Adkins, New Atlantic Contracting Co.
- Sun Breza, ECS Southeast
- Frank Verdi, Consultant
- Andrew Pack, Woolpert
- Jessica Freeman, CPN of NC