MURFREESBORO WORKSHOP VOLUNTEERS:
- Keiley Gaston, Analyst, NC Growth
- Sabria Futrell, Analyst, NC Growth
- Nicole Outlaw, Analyst, NC Growth
- Carolyn Fryberger, NC Growth
MURFREESBORO CPNI TEAM:
- Mike Bedell team leader – Barnhill Contracting Co
- Marc Momsen, LandDesign
- Mike Barnes, Thomas & Hutton
- Maurice Harrison, Schneider Electric
- Jim Schenck, Conner Gwyn Schenck PLLC
- Michael Cole, ColeJenest & Stone
- Jessica Freeman, CPN of NC
1. Create a 20 – 25 Year Master Plan for the Town of Murfreesboro
2. Build a Historical Trail/Path through Murfreesboro
3. Increase Lodging Opportunities for Murfreesboro Visitors
4. Develop a Stronger Partnership between Chowan University and Murfreesboro.
The next step for addressing these recommendations is for the Murfreesboro Town Council to form an ad hoc committee, such as a Town Master Planning Task Force. This committee could work first with a Chowan University group for early consulting services. If budget allows, this committee could eventually hire a planning consultant to assist with:
1. Create a Murfreesboro Vision Statement based off public input that captures a sense of Murfreesboro’s identity, values, and what makes it special.
2. Perform a market analysis – what are the town’s needs in terms of lodging, parking, and other amenities?
3. Prepare a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the Historical Trail/Path, including for landscaping, and adaptive reuse aspects.
Click here to read the final report