CPNI and NCGrowth worked with the Town of Robbinsville to conduct a two-day workshop October 6-7, 2022. This goal of the workshop was to identify potential strategies for the future growth and economic development of Robbinsville. The workshop was attended by the CPNI and NCGrowth team, local elected and government officials, town residents, and other stakeholders. Conversations focused on Robbinsville’s economic goals, strengths, challenges, and more specifically downtown revitalization. Based on these conversations, CPNI and NCGrowth produced several recommendations which are summarized in this report. The report overviews the workshop, discusses relevant plans, provides some brief economic and demographic data, and details several recommendations and considerations to help Robbinsville meet its goals. A set of resources and references is available in the appendix.
- Mike Barnes, Charlotte Regional Director – Thomas & Hutton
- Jody Efird, Real Estate Agent – Allen Tate Realtors
- Carolyn Fryberger, Assistant Director of Economic Development – NCGrowth
- Stacy Guffey, WNC Program Manager – NCGrowth
- Matt Hart, Principal Architect – Morris Berg
- Haley Hassler, Strategic Development Director – Barton Marlow
- Avery Monroe, Division Manager – RMF Engineering
- Hannah White, Analyst – NCGrowth
- Jess Wilkinson, Economic Development Manager – NCGrowth
Consider zoning, overlay districts, land use plans, comprehensive plans.
Work with Graham County to keep the courthouse and public services downtown
Support the revitalization of the Snider Building
Catalogue empty buildings and buildings available for sale in downtown
Recruit specific businesses to downtown
Click here to download and read the workshop report